Montrose, COLO.—On Feb. 9 and 10, a joint law enforcement operation conducted in Montrose identified and arrested an individual seeking to pay to have sex with children under the age of 18. The investigation resulted in the arrest of one adult male, Samuel Arellano, for Soliciting for Child Prostitution, a Class Three Felony as well as other charges.
This undercover investigation and subsequent arrest was made possible through the efforts of the following agencies:
- Colorado Bureau of Investigation
- Montrose County Sheriff’s Office
- Montrose Police Department
- Ouray County Sheriff’s Office
- Delta County Sheriff’s Office
- Delta Police Department
- Homeland Security Investigations
- Seventh Judicial District Attorney’s Office
Anyone with information or who is a witness to this investigation is asked to call the Montrose County Sheriff’s Office at (970) 252-4023; or if you wish to remain anonymous, you may call the Crime Stoppers Tip Line at (970) 249-8500.